Saturday, May 09, 2009

sorry about that

I really should have announced my vacation from this blog. Three weeks ago I received copies of the book I coauthored with Sharon and something happened to me mentally. I'm not going to stop writing or updating this blog but I felt like I needed to take a break from writing about food production for a little while.

It's also been an incredibly busy spring. I am involved in the Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm in this its inaugural season. I have been writing about this project but I won't be posting that material until I figure out what I'm going to do with it.

I've helped to put together Cold Water Creek Farms CSA and have been busy planting. The picture above is from the end of April when we mowed the cover crop and then turned it into the soil.

And I've been doing publicity for _A Nation of Farmers_. I have also helped to write a text amendment for my city's ordnance regarding the legalization of backyard chickens in Concord, NC. This Monday and Tuesday I'll be at the NC Farm to Fork Food Summit in Raleigh concerning the Statewide Action Plan for Building a Local Food Economy in North Carolina.

I'm not sure how I'll use this blog in the future but I appreciate those of you who take the time to read it. Best Wishes to all of you.

Aaron

No comments: